Sunday, June 28, 2009

ROD SPARED, CHILD SPOILED.. NOW, NO EXAMINATION AND CONFIDENCE LOST!

SPARE THE ROD AND SPOILED THE CHILD!!! My maternal Grand father (Nanaji), Ltae Sh. D.D. Dhawan, who was a gold medalist teacher, scholar, author, mathematician, founder of school among others, used to say this. He was a strong believer of this school of thought. Even I am believer of this school of thought.

I would like to state that I am not in favour of teachers turning into devils and beating child like anything, but I am stating that education and rod go hand in hand. Education is a Wide term much more than literacy. Its teachers' poised duty to educate a child and make him a responsible citizens and rod has lot to do with it.

I thank my teachers to keep rod ready for me hose beating has a role in my making. I have seen in my real life what wonders can be done for child with this rod. There was a friend of mine(am not naming him) he was below average student. his father walked into our coaching institute when he was promoted to class 10Th to ask the teacher to make his child clear this 10Th class exams with at least 50% marks. He passed 9Th class with merely 40% marks. And our teacher assuming her responsibility with the help of her extra efforts, caring tone at times and being rude at other times, using scale as the rod made him clear his 10Th class examinations with 58% marks.

This is just one example.

Now Mr. Kapil Sibal a very senior advocate (so my Respected Senior too) and currently HRD minister with Govt. Of India has come up with a new plan making single board to impart secondary level education throughout India and making this examination (10Th class) optional for the students.


I support my senior's 1st plan. But with due respect for his thoughts would like to state that I don't agree to his SECOND scheme to phase out/make optional the class 10Th examination.


If I talk about me as a student who appeared for the class 10Th exam in the year 2000, I would like to mention that I didn't find this exam as a stressful exam. It was just like any other exam which we were taking in some other school for a change. Even if these exams are tagged to be full of stress exams, then this stress is necessary. This stress will lay down 1st step in preparing child for handling stress through his life. LIFE IS NOT A CAKEWALK! Life has to lived up in a very alert way. It is filled with lot of decisions taken under stressful situation. Rather life continues only if it is able to clear the stressful situations in a successful manner which is possible only because of our decisions.

Now a days everyone is after MBA, MBA is all about preparing a candidate for working under stressful situations. If a child is made to live easier life how will he sustain MBA curriculum and moreover Curriculum of life and his job/business/profession??

In the recent past class 10Th and 12Th examinations have been made very easy. 20% to 30% marks are in the hands of school teachers by way of internal assessment, submitting projects etc. and for remaining 70% to 80% 3 hrs and 15 mins are granted to child as compared to our times when there were no internal assessment etc and for 100 marks exam we were granted 3 hrs in total. All this is already reducing education quality and now above all this even exams are planned to e phased out.


So I request Hon'ble HRD minister not to make these exams optional neither phase them out. Rather they should be more efficient and of better quality which produces strong human beings who are in turn have to run this nation. Otherwise there will be weak citizens who will be young, impatient and unable to take any firm decision for themselves and for nation's too.

No comments:

Post a Comment